Fireworks, sparklers and Lady Liberty. It's America's birthday, so celebrate her beauty in your own backyard this Fourth of July with an Independence Day party made easy.
With carefree decorations, craft projects and recipes, you can plan a party that would make Washington himself proud. After all, it's a day to celebrate our independence, freedoms and immense good fortune -- so let the fireworks begin.
• Brighten up your garden with 10 easy-to-grow annuals
• Learn which wine will go best with your barbecue on the Wine 101 message board
• Create an instant -- and colorful -- display with 10 fabulous container gardens
• Get inspiration from how other women are spending America's birthday
• Find backyard barbeque ideas on the Entertaining at Home message board
• Make a rosemary and tomato oil
• Spice it up with tomatillo salsa
• Find more great recipes in the Summer Food Guide
crafts with a spark
• Make festive handmade napkins and placemats
• Create a festive 5-minute centerpiece
• Stencil a flag design on a tablecloth
• Light up the night with glass jar lights
• Decorate the yard with charming painted pots
• Create a rustic feel with tin can lanterns
Erica Walsh is a part of the Home & Garden team. This Fourth of July she will be watching fireworks from the deck of the Carnival Triumph over the Caribbean Sea.