Photo Credit: Stuart Wilson/Getty Images
Until last year, most people didn't even know Channing Tatum's name. Now, he's everywhere! The hunky actor turns 33 on Friday, and we're guessing he'll celebrate with wife Jenna Dewan Tatum in London (where he's currently filming the movie Jupiter Ascending). We'd love to be invited to the party, but since that seems unlikely, we're throwing our own celebration for Channing! Here are 25 reasons why we love him.
1. He's tough and cuddly at the same time. The perfect combination!
2. He proposed to Jenna in Hawaii -- and secretly flew in her friends for the big moment.
3. The theme of his wedding was "fairies." The flower girls wore wings.
4. He gave Ellen DeGeneres a lap dance.
5. He knows how to wear a suit.
6. He knows how to wear just a tie.
8. He dated Amanda Bynes before she was crazy.
9. If challenged to fight in real life, the action star would "probably run, more than likely.…Or I'd be like, 'Wanna dance? Let's have a dance-off!'"
10. His favorite post-college job was at a puppy daycare. "It was incredible," Channing has said. "I just got to play with dogs all day, and give them medication and take care of them when they're puppies, the best stage."
11. He made the Oscars worth watching.
12. He learned to dance at quinceaneras. "It was always funny to bring the white guy out [on the floor] and let him look like a fool," Channing told People.
13. He leaves love notes around the house for his wife to find. "I like drawing little faces and writing little stories and hiding them in places," he says.
15. He's humble about his stardom, telling Details in 2012, "I know I'm not the best actor."
16. This Magic Mike striptease is hot even before he takes his clothes off.
17. He missed a button when he was getting dressed for Chelsea Lately.
18. He's not worried about being hot forever. "I’m gonna give it five more years and then say, 'Get me some fat roles, boys!'" he told Details.
19. While promoting 21 Jump Street in Miami, he took Jonah Hill skinny dipping.
21. Hollywood producers thought that a movie about male strippers would never be a hit -- and Channing proved them wrong.
22. When asked about her Dear John co-star, Amanda Seyfried said, "Everybody wants to have sex with him. And the only person he wants to have sex with is his wife, Jenna. He's the most loyal husband."
24. We begged him to make an old-fashioned musical comedy -- and guess what?
25. He's adorably nervous about becoming a father (which should happen any day now!).