Questions to ask the Child Care Service:
- What days & hours are you available to provide care?
- How much will it cost?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- What is your experience/education?
- How long have you been in business?
- Is transportation available?
- Are meals and snacks provided?
- Is there homework time?
- Do you have any child care licenses?
Now Pick the Best:
- Choose the few (three or so) that meet your required needs
- Make an appointment to visit each one with your child(ren).
Things to Ask :
- What does the cost include and how often is it due?
- How many children are there for each caregiver?
- What is the experience and training of the caregivers?
- What is the daily routine?
- Can I visit whenever they like? (very important that they can)
- What are some of the daily activities?
- What happens if my child(ren) or someone else's becomes sick?
- Do caregivers know basic first aid-CPR, etc.?
- How are children disciplined?
- Is there transportation provided and what kind and by who?
- Will anyone I have not met be caring for my child(ren)?
Things to Look For:
- Current State Child Care License.
- Toys and furniture appears safe and are in good condition
- Electrical outlets have safety caps and heaters are not exposed
- Smoke detectors and monthly fire drills
- First aid equipment
- How clean the child care facility is
- The outdoor area is fenced in
- Each child has a space to store belongings(if any)
- There is a space for rest (naps) as well as recreation and play time