Making a Decision:
- How much can you afford to pay and for how long?
- Do the available times for child care meet your needs?
- What is best for your child's welfare
- Which child care facility has activities that your child will benefit from
Always Have a Written Agreement:
- What will be done in case of emergencies
- Daily routine
- Days and hours care will be given
- Caregiver's responsibilities
- Parent's responsibilities
Getting Adjusted to Child Care:
- Make it easier on both you and your child(ren) by talking about it
- Allow for plenty of time to get ready
- Let your child(ren) take a favorite toy or "security" blanket
- Spend some time at the child care facility with your child(ren)
- Always say goodbye to your child(ren)
- Call occasionally to see how things are going
- Get to know the Caregiver better
- Have a positive attitude
Like this? Read these!