Four Hours before Dinner
- Stuff your turkey or begin preparing your ham.
- Put turkey or ham in oven, allowing enough time for baking and one half hour of cooling.
Three Hours before Dinner
Two Hours before Dinner
- Begin to prepare mashed potatoes and other side dishes. (See Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes, Marmalade Baby Carrots, Lemon Pepper Green Beans, and Broccoli Pea Puree.)
- Prepare biscuit dough. Cover and set aside.
One Hour before Dinner
- Bake biscuits.
- Fill small pitcher with half-and-half or milk for coffee -- cover and refrigerate. Fill sugar bowl.
One Half Hour before Dinner
- Remove turkey or ham from oven. Let sit 20 minutes before carving.
- Reheat biscuits and side dishes, if necessary.
- Make gravy, using drippings from turkey, giblets and potatoes.
- Mash potatoes.
- Place vegetables and side dishes in serving bowls.
- Open wine and pour into decanter or glasses.
Time to Serve Dinner!
- Whisk gravy and pour into gravy boat.
- Don't forget to serve cranberry sauce, salad and breads that you previously prepared.
- Grind coffee beans and put coffee on to brew. Remove to a thermal carafe to keep warm.
- Serve dessert, coffee, after-dinner drinks.
- Take a walk if the weather permits. Enjoy each other's company while digesting your meal!