- Having more control of my time would mean I would...
- be able to spend more quality time with Lauren and Allana
- be able to be more prepared for each day
- be able to play on the computer without feeling guilty
- List the main areas of your life and what percentage each area occupies in your life
Business (School and Work) 50%
Are you happy with the way your life energy is being used?
Not really because I feel like I spend too much time playing on the computer and I find it hard to tear myself away, although I did tonight.
- Describe your life, in detail, one year from today, after you have achieved control of your time. How will the percentages have shifted? Will your life be more balanced?
I will feel better because I will be reading to the children in the evening, playing games with them, they will be on a better schedule and I will be able to study after they have gone to bed. I will remember to check Lauren's homework in the evenings, things will run much more smoothly. I will meditate in the mornings and work on my cross stitch on the weekends.
- Let's create three lists.
Do or Die
work, go to classes, cook, study
housecleaning, laundry, church
practice a new Spanish verb daily, work on my other foreign languages, meditation and/or quiet time, cross-stitch projects
- Is there any relationship between the life I am leading as indicated on my calendar page and the one I described that I wanted to be living next year?
Not really - my goals were never clearly defined.
Do I see how I am unconsciously draining my physical energy with all this activity?
I don't have a lot of activity
Is it safe to say I overbook myself? No
- Do I retrace my steps when running errands?
Yes, sometimes, poor planning
Is it time to delegate some of my tasks?
No, I could accomplish my tasks if I put my mind to it.
Should I consider how cost-effective it would be to hire even a part-time helper?
Am I avoiding something with all this frantic activity?
How would I feel handing this schedule over to the person I love most and saying, "Here, you do this"?
My schedule is not very demanding. My evenings are usually free.
Learn more about Melanie
Talk to Terri, Melanie & Brenda on the Get Organized Message Board