Photo Credit: Getty Images
On Monday, the big name being batted around for Simon Cowell's American Idol replacement was Howard Stern. Three days later, a new candidate has taken his place in the rumor mill: Conan O'Brien.
O'Brien has been all over the news since his Tonight Show debacle, and sources say that American Idol producers are taking note of his media buzz. But it sounds like a stretch to us: the 46-year-old comedian, known for his self-deprecating and esoteric humor, seems like an even stranger fit for the family-friendly competition than foul-mouthed Howard Stern.
Here are five celebs that we'd rather see vying for Cowell's chair:
1. Rosie O'Donnell. Once nicknamed "the Queen of Mean", outspoken O'Donnell proved on her eponymous talk show and The View that she knows how to speak her mind -- and she's never boring. Plus she's already a rival of judge Ellen DeGeneres, so it would be fun to see the sparks fly.
2. Ashton Kutcher. Kutcher knows what makes good reality TV (he created Punk'd and Beauty and the Geek), and his handsome goofiness is always welcome on our TV screens.
3. Pink. Remember when she chewed out Kanye West over Twitter? This megastar has strong opinions, a charismatic personality, and knows the music business cold.
4. Joel McHale. We love watching him cut celebrities down to size on The Soup, and we bet he'd have some zingers for the Idol singers as well. Plus, he's proven his star power on the hilarious NBC sitcom Community.
5. Tyra Banks. Now that her talk-show gig is ending, we'd love to see Tyra coach the Idol contestants on how to look fierce.
- Will Howard Stern Replace Simon on Idol?
- So Long, Simon! Cowell Confirms He's Leaving American Idol
- PHOTOS: Idol Champs vs. Runners-Up: Who's the Bigger Winner?
Who do you think should replace Simon Cowell? Chime in below!