If the thought of finding the perfect gift for everyone on your list is daunting, not to mention expensive, why not make homemade food gifts instead? They're festive, thoughtful and won't keep you in debt until spring! Here are fifteen great ideas for you to try:
You will need:
- A gallon-sized paint can (these are available empty in gift shops and houseware stores.)
- Paper confetti, tissue paper or cellophane streamers
- Sugar cookies
- Toppings such as chocolate sprinkles and colored sugars
- Decorative icing in tubes
- Various icing tips
- Pint-sized paint cans (optional)
- Wide ribbon
To make the festive container:
- Fill the gallon-sized paint can with paper confetti, tissue paper or cellophane streamers.
- Place cookies in can. Lay decorating supplies in gently, placing them around (not on) the cookies. Or put some of the items, such as tubes of frosting and candy sprinkles, in pint-sized paint cans and place them inside the larger can. It's fun to choose the color of the toppings based on the time of year -- red and green for Christmas.
- Put the lid in place.
- Wrap the wide ribbon around the can and tie it on top in a large festive bow.