Looking for a special Valentine's Day card? It doesn't need to be storebought to be special. Try making your own Valentine's Day greeting -- your loved one will surely appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 sheets of colored paper (approximately 8.5" x 11")
- Glitter (if desired)
- Choose a working area where you'll have plenty of room. Protect this area by placing a thick piece of cardboard or a craft mat on the table. Before you start, gather materials and read through all the steps. (You might want to practice first on a scrap sheet of paper.)
- Hold one piece of paper with the short side at the bottom. Fold in half, bringing the top down. Firmly crease the fold with your fingernail.
- Using your ruler and pencil, make a dot at the center of the creased fold. Measure one inch to the right of this center dot, and using the ruler draw a straight 2" line (at right angle to crease). Repeat the measure and cut on the left side. At this point you should have two 2" slits at the top of your card.
- Open the card, positioning the center, cut out, section forward. It should form a cube when opened. Crease the front and bottom section of the cube, and close the card, folding the cube flat (facing toward you so that it pops up when you open the card).
- Take the second piece of paper and glue it to the other side of the card. Your Valentine's Day card will be rectangular (approximately 5.5" x 8.5") and will open from the bottom.