- Before drying, roll pretzels in sprinkles, nonpareils, ground nuts, coconut flakes or crushed toffee.
- After drying, place in plastic bags and freeze for half an hour. Then quickly readapt, about halfway up, into melted white chocolate and then roll in dark chocolate shavings.
These make beautiful Valentine gifts, party favors, or acknowledgments for people that you "forgot" at Christmas. They stay fresh for several weeks.
If the idea of chocolate is not high on your list of favorite gifts, these candles are also easy enough for children, with supervision, but again create very professional results.
- paraffin or canning wax
- one taper, (tall thin candle), about as tall as a milk container
- one inch ball of clay
- clean dry empty half-gallon milk container with peaked top removed
- large, empty, clean & dry can (3 pound coffee can is best)
- small, empty, clean & dry can, with both top and bottom removed (tuna, cat food)
- very large saucepan
- tongs or very long handled fork
- two trays of ice cubes, some crushed
- solid shortening, butter, or margarine to grease inside of milk container