Photo Credit: /
Create a romantic mood in your home on Valentine's Day -- or any day -- with these warm and inviting decorating ideas.
• Set a wide-mouthed bowl of potpourri in the room. To keep the fragrance alive, reach in the bowl every day and lightly toss the potpourri. For a masculine feel, add "heavy" items like dried corn, dried peppers and/or cinnamon sticks into the potpourri mixture.
• Add potpourri to a wide-mouthed vase, stand a corkscrew willow in the vase, and tie a drapery tassel around the neck.
• Spice up an area by placing aromatic soap around the room.
• To display candles in a large container with a small mouth, fill the container with sand up to an inch from the top, and plant the candle firmly in the sand. Make certain the flame burns above the container line.
• To anchor oversized candles on pliable candle holders or plates, drive a nail into the top of the candleholder, and push the candle down over the nail head.
• For a romantic tabletop piece, line up three rose-colored pillar candles and place green moss around the base.
Contributed by HGTV.com