Source: International Cesarean Awareness Network Press Release, April 2002
1. ACOG. Induction of labor with misoprostol. Committee Opinion #128, Nov 1999.
2. Bennett BB. Uterine rupture during induction of labor at term with intravaginal misoprostol. Obstet Gynecol 1997;89(5 Part 2):832-3.
3. Blanchette HA, Nayak S, and Erasmus S. Comparison of the safety and efficacy of intravaginal misoprostol (prostaglandin E1) with those of dinoprostone (prostaglandin E2) for cervical ripening and induction of labor in a community hospital. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1999;180:1551-9.
4. Chez RA. Cervical ripening and labor induction after previous cesarean delivery. Clin Obstet Gynecol 1995;38(2):287-92.
5. Flamm BL. Vaginal birth after cesarean section. In Cesarean Section: Guidelines for Appropriate Utilization. Flamm BL and Quilligan EJ, eds. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1995.
6. Gaskin IM. Two sides to the Cytotec debate. Birth Gazette 2000;16(2):7, 48-49.
7. Goer H. The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth. New York: Perigee Books, 1999.
8. Hofmeyr GJ, Gulmezoglu AM, and Alfirevic Z. Misoprostol for induction of labour: a systematic review. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1999;106:798-803.
9. Humphrey RG, Carlan SJ, and O'Leary TD. Misoprostol for cervical ripening in patients with previous cesarean delivery. Obstet Gynecol 2000;95(4 Suppl 1):S70.
10. Kolderup L et al. Misoprostol is more efficacious for labor induction than prostaglandin E2, but is it associated with more risk? Am J Obstet Gynecol 1999;180(6 Pt 1):1543-50.
11. Mathews JE, Mathai M, and George A. Uterine rupture in a multiparous woman during labor induction with oral misoprostol. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2000;68(1):43-4. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1999;181(3):626-9.
12. Nunes F, Rodrigues R, Meirinho M. Randomized comparison between intravaginal misoprostol and dinoprostone for cervical ripening and induction of labor. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1999;181(3):626-9.
13. Plaut MM, Schwartz ML, and Lubarsky SL. Uterine rupture associated with the use of misoprostol in the gravid patient with a previous cesarean section. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1999;180:1535-42.
14. Reuters Health. Off-label Cytotec use for labor, abortion prompts Searle letter to physicians. Aug 29, 2000.
15. Sciscione AC et al. Uterine rupture during preinduction cervical ripening with misoprostol in a patient with a previous cesarean delivery. Aust NZ J Obstet Gynaecol 1998;38(1):96-97.
16. Wing DA, Lovett K, and Paul RH. Disruption of prior uterine incision following misoprostol for labor induction in women with previous cesarean delivery. Obstet Gynecol 1998;91(5 Part 2):828-30.