There’s absolutely nothing like the playfulness (and the strong arms) of a Dad to help put a smile on the face of a little one. Moms on the April 2001 Playgroup message board share 15 heartwarming ways their partners interact with the baby.
1. Every morning my husband gets up with our baby. They light up when they see each other. It brings tears to my eyes.
2. When our little one is cranky (most evenings), they go on a walk around the house. He shows her everything -- " Oh, I see your teddy bear” … “look outside, there's a bird” … “this is the oven -- hot! --don't touch” … “here is your closet, look at all your pretty clothes.” It’s so cute.
3. My husband straps our little guy into his front carrier and then vacuums the house. It is too cute!
4. Our baby is just enraptured when my husband reads to her and talks in funny voices.
5. Our daughter has a special smile just for Daddy. He sings her songs and has a million nicknames for her.
6. When my husband picks our babies up, he hugs them, and always says, "Do you know how much your DaDa loves you?"
7. My husband has a big smile on his face when he gets home from work. Then, Daddy and baby horse around while I make supper.
8. Our baby likes to play with my husband’s beard; she tugs at it and just giggles. He is just so sweet and tender with our daughter. So endearing.
9.There is nothing my husband won’t do for our baby boy. Just one little cry from him and he has his Daddy running. He has him wrapped around his tiny little finger.
10. When our little guy does something new my husband gets so excited and he says, "I don't want him to grow up." I thought only moms said that.
11. I love the way that baby and Daddy are goofy together. Whenever they are near each other all you hear is laughter.
12. My husband sits our little one on his belly and tells her all about his day. She loves his voice.
13. When our baby is fussy, my husband tucks her under his arm and takes her for a walk.
14. My baby’s face just lights up when my husband sings "Itsy Bitsy Spider" to her. He makes me smile too.
15. Our baby just convulses into giggles when my husband does this 'whazzzzz uuuuuuuup' thing!