Name: Damien Gurganious
Home town: Brooklyn, NY
Occupation: Industrial designer aka product design and manufacturing
Favorite cheat food: Hot Dogs and NY Chinese Food
Goal for 2009: to get married and fit into a size 36" pants
Starting weight: 381 lbs
Elimination weight: 351 lbs
Tonight's highlights: When it came down to it, the contestants thought Joelle needed to be there more than Damien... or did they? I sense some strategic game-playing going on. Oh the drama. What'd you think of tonight's show? Share your thoughts with us below.
1. What was your big turning point-either during the show or before that made you realize you needed to lose the weight?
The realization hit me when i found out i was too big to fit in the airplane seat and close the buckle before the plane landed.
2. What is one thing you wish you had known before going on The Biggest Loser?
When you mix ordinarily good people with large sums of money, it brings the ugly out of some of them. (They only print ONE name on the winners checks folks!)
3. If you could have done one thing differently during the show, what would it be?
I try not to live in shoulda, coulda, woulda world.
4. What was the hardest thing to adapt to while being on the ranch?
Learning to live with total strangers and coping with all of our domestic differences.
5. What's the most helpful thing your partner did or said to motivate you?
Nicole reminded me that it was time for me to stop taking care of everyone else and finally take care of myself.
6. What is your favorite workout?
Its a 3 way tie with turbo kick boxing, boot camp and spinning!
7.What's your favorite healthy meal or snack?
An orange and a glass of sweetened chocolate almond milk (They haven't made it yet, but it will be a oatmeal raisin cookie and a glass of whole milk with no calories.)
9. What do you think your weight-loss obstacles will be now that you're off the ranch and how do you plan to overcome them?
My problems are going to be, getting motivated despite being tired and sore and at times emotionaly drained....i will overcome them by remembering that if i prosper i will be able to get married in the 36" waisted suit of my choice to the woman of my dreams.
10. What's the best advice Bob or Jillian has given you?
Bob said to me "believe in the process and change forever!...because i cant do it for you."
11.What happens behind the scenes of the show that no one would know from watching it?
While you're in the middle of a serious coma-inducing workout out, they pull you for an interview.... but seconds before you start taping they dry you off, hand you a fresh t-shirt and expect you to sound intelligent while your adrenaline is still pumping strong. At this point, I cant even remember my name.
12. What did you do for fun while you were on the ranch?
Explore the surrounding mountains and wooded areas with good friends or a fully charge Ipod