No one wants to be a pessimist, but sometimes preparing for the worst can keep a dream vacation from becoming a nightmare.
Don't let a lost or damaged suitcase ruin your trip. These five tips will help you deal with unexpected luggage hassles:
1. Always pack your electronics, jewelry, documents, medicine or any necessary valuables in your carry-on bag.
2. If you're traveling with a companion, split your clothes between bags. That way if one bag is lost, you'll still have some clean items to wear.
3. A nametag on the outside of your luggage is not sufficient. Leave identification on the inside, with your name, phone number and business address.
4. If you'll be traveling to numerous locations, leave a copy of your trip itinerary inside your luggage so you can be located more easily.
5. Never leave home without duct tape! Roll a foot of duct tape around a pencil and toss it in your suitcase. Then if your baggage is damaged, you can make simple repairs and won't be forced to find a luggage repair shop in an unfamiliar place.