Photo Credit: CHP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES
Ever wondered what Christmas looks like at Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's house? Happy, expensive chaos, we'd wager. We'd also imagine that Brad and Angie themselves are impossible to shop for. Maybe that's why so many people believed the report that Jolie bought Pitt a heart-shaped island.
According to the UK Daily Mirror, Jolie scooped up Petra Island, located on New York's Lake Mahopac, for Pitt's 50th birthday. The actress reportedly paid close to $20 million for the property, which has an unusual selling point: its properties were custom-designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, Pitt's favorite architect.
"As soon as Angelina heard the island was on the market she arranged a viewing. She was really impressed," said the Mirror's source. "And Angelina knows the fact the island is in the shape of a heart will mean so much to him."
That's so sweet -- and completely untrue! E! News contacted the owners of the island, who said that Jolie had not looked at the property. In fact, it's still on the market.
If Angelina isn't buying Brad an island, then what should she get him? Here are a few ideas for a belated birthday or early Christmas present.
- Mr. and Mrs. Smith on Blu-ray. You know, for the memories. Maybe she could have it converted to 3-D just for the occasion.
- A fancy razor. Rage, rage against the scruffy beard!
- A zombie-killer T-shirt, to celebrate the unexpected success of World War Z.
- GPS trackers for all six children.
- France. They like France.
- A book of architect jokes. Pitt may not be one, but he'll be able to yuck it up with the best of them.
On second thought, maybe she should spring for the island. Here's a video tour of the home, which looks like it was designed for an incredibly chic James Bond villain.
It even has its own helipad. She could buy him a matching helicopter! Our work here is done.