I'm perfectly healthy, but I have a green cast to my skin, and I know this sounds weird, but for some reason my skin seems greener at work than when I'm outdoors or at home. Anyway, I was hoping for some makeup tips to make me look less like Kermit the Frog.
If you notice the green less on the weekends and when you're outside, it may be a fluorescent-lighting thing '- especially if you work in an office or school where fluorescent lighting is prevalent. It can make you appear green or exacerbate any green undertones you already have. The following are techniques to reduce the appearance of green.
- Add rosy pink makeup shades to your palette to reduce the appearance of yellowish green undertones.
- Coppery orange tones will diminish the look of olive green undertones.
- Incongruous but true: Simply placing those green shades next to your skin will intensify similarly colored undertones, so you may want to consider what you wear. Avoid green clothes, jewelry and glasses.
- If you have greenish undertones and a dark skin complexion, use foundation that has an orange-peach base color or undertone.
- If you have greenish undertones and a pale complexion, choose a foundation with a drop (and I emphasize a drop) of rose pink.
- If you're unsure about finding a foundation shade, you can have color mixed for you by a custom blending expert in some stores.
- If you suffer from allergies, you may want to consider an antihistamine and decongestant combination because the dilated blood vessels in the delicate under-eye area can appear greenish too.
- For a greenish tint to body skin (usually more common in paler skin tones): Sometimes veins called reticular veins show through skin on the legs and also give the appearance of a green cast, so you may want to consult with a vein specialist if this is really bothering you.
Anna Sui Lip Color Duo
This is a soft pink duo of not only rose-tinted but also rose-scented lip colors. It gives a smooth, glossy look, and you can use fingers or a lip brush.
Fresh Here Comes the Sun Face Palette
This is a brilliant palette of bronzy corals, excellent for darker skin tones.
Giella Custom Blend Foundation
Giella custom blends her foundation to complement any skin tone, so she'll know exactly how to create a recipe for your specific needs '- green or no green!
Nars Eyebrightener in Vanilla or Honey
These concealers contain just a hint of pink (Vanilla) or peach (Honey) to camouflage any green that may come through. They also give a nice illumination and have a very good creamy coverage.
Pinkie Swear Cutie Pie Color Wheel 1
This is a wonderful little palette of five interchangeable lip, eye and cheek shades, all in perfect pinks. It's especially nice that it contains aloe vera and avocado oil!
Mark Invisible Touch Perfecting Concealer
This is an oil-free concealer that dries with a soft powdery texture. It comes in an excellent array of tones from fair to honey to deep, and offers a nice sheer coverage.
Available: MeetMark.com or 800-MEET-MARK