Photo Credit: Getty Images
8. The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program is a federal program that helps pay for the care of those seriously injured by vaccines.
For details call l-800-338-2382 or visit the program's website
9. How can I learn more?
- Ask your doctor or nurse. They can give you the vaccine package insert or suggest other sources of information.
- Call your local or state health department. They can give you the Parents Guide to Childhood Immunization or other information.
- Contact the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Call 1-800-232-2522 or 1-888-443-7232 (English)
- Call 1-800-232-0233 (Español)
- Visit the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/nip
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Immunization Program
DTP/DTaP/DT (8/ 1 S/97)
Vaccine Information Statement
42 U.S.C. 300aa-26