Photo Credit: Betsy Blundell
This elegant looped updo is the perfect hairstyle for special occasions -- it's guaranteed to glam up your look and turn heads no matter where you wear it. Best of all, it's easy to do with our step-by-step tutorial!
1. First, tie your hair into a ponytail that rests halfway between the nape of your neck and the top of your head.
2. Take a section of hair at the top of the ponytail and tuck it forward with a pin to keep it out of the way for now. Divide the rest of the ponytail into 6 to 8 equal sections.
3. Now, starting from the left, take each section of hair, one at a time, and gently twist it under to create a big loop and secure the loop with a bobby pin.
4. Next, unclip the top section, and divide it into 4 equal sections.
5. Again, working from left to right, take one section at a time and tuck it around your finger to form a tighter loop. Pin the loop to secure it above the larger loops you created first.
6. Repeat the process with the other three sections of hair. Remember, these four small loops should rest above the lower, bigger loops. Finish the look by spraying with hairspray to keep your style looking polished and neat.
Try a looped updo on yourself with our Virtual Makeover tool now!
Other styles you might like:
WATCH: How to give yourself a looped updo