DO IT YOURSELF!
- Step 1: Part your hair at the side.
- Step 2: Plait a one-inch thick braid running from the far side over to the opposite ear. “I like to do a Dutch braid, aka ‘inside out’ braid,” says Natalia, “but any type will do.” (If you have bangs, leave them out and brush them toward the end of the braid.)
- Step 3: Tease the hair just behind the braid to create lift and a slight “bump.”
- Step 4: Instead of braiding the other side, take a piece of hair from the front and drape it to meet the braid in the back.
- Step 5: Twist the two together slightly and pin just below teased hair.