The American Academy of Pediatrics says that "next to the common cold, an ear infection is the most common childhood illness. In fact, most children have had at least one ear infection by the time they are three years old." Young children can be more prone to ear infections because of the size and shape of their eustachian tubes. Luckily, most ear infections clear up without causing any lasting problems. But, if your child has ever suffered through an ear infection you know how painful it can be! Sometimes, only tincture of time will help.
- What are the symptoms?
- Alternative treatment for ear infections?
- Chewing gum to prevent ear infections?
- Can lying down to nurse cause ear infections?
- Chiropractic and ear infections
- Is it safe to fly with an ear infection?
- Will Ear Tubes Prevent Ear Infections?
- VIDEO:Watch this report on antibiotics for kids
Talk with Other Parents
Ask Our Expert