Here are some ideas to make your buffet table festive and appetizing.
- Cover the buffet table with a beautiful white, cream or pastel colored tablecloth.
- Create visual impact by filling a large vase with flowering branches. Dogwood, cherry, quince or forsythia are beautiful when they are in full bloom.
- If you are entertaining in the evening be sure to set your buffet table with votive candles. They add instant drama when placed around a floral centerpiece or scattered around a room.
- Wrap silverware in cloth napkins and secure with either raffia or else a decorative ribbon tied in a bow. Place the rolled silverware on either a platter or in a medium sized decorative basket.
- Colored Easter eggs may also be displayed in either a glass/crystal bowl or decorative basket on your buffet table. Spanish moss may be used as a nest for these eggs.
- Bring out your best china, crystal and silver for this special occasion. Don't be afraid to mix and match patterns as long as they are in the same or coordinating color scheme.
- Provide ample chairs for your guests to sit in once they have gone through the buffet.
- Have a wonderful meal.
- Remember not to throw out leftovers, we have delicious recipes for these extras.