With Easter just weeks away, why not spend this Sunday getting a jump start on decking out your home with proper spring-like decor. We love the idea of making stained glass windows, which originated in Europe and became popular after the first millennium in churches as a way of celebrating the continuation of life, as an elegant way of celebrating Spring.
What You'll Need:
- Black or pastel colored construction paper
- Aluminum foil (12" x 15")
- Paper towel (plain, undecorated)
- Food coloring
- Glue stick
What You'll Do:
- Create a Scherenschnitte egg.
- Lay down a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Dampen a paper towel.
- Lay towel flat on foil.
- Using little food coloring bottles, drip several drops of different colors onto the wet towel. Make sure colors touch, but do not overlap each other.
- Let dry.
- Cut dried towel to shape of each Sherenschnitte Egg.
- Using a glue stick or tape, paste paper towel to back of egg.
- Tape egg to window and enjoy.