Ages: 6-8, 9-12
What you'll need:
Pink and yellow felt
2 small dowels (12" long)
This felt banner looks elegant but is deceptively easy to make; your child will find the results well worth the effort. He or she can also be creative in mixing and matching colors, patterns, and types of flowers. An added benefit is that children will practice using the small motor skills when cutting out the letters that spell "Happy Easter."
What to do:
1. Cut a section of felt 10" x 15". Fold over 1/2" seams at the top and bottom and glue along the edge, leaving space for the dowel.
2. Cut the letters HAPPY EASTER from the contrasting color of felt. Glue the letters onto the banner. Cut out other decorations and glue them on.
3. Stitch or glue fringe along the bottom and top of the banner.
4. Place the dowels in the seams at the top and bottom. Tie yarn to the ends of the top dowel to hang.
1. Personalize the banner with a name. Example: Happy Easter from the Martins.
2. Draw free-form letters to make an interesting design on the banner.