Sun-Dried Tomato-Olive Spread
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil), drained
- 1 6-ounce can pitted black olives
- 6 large basil leaves
Finely chop the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Serve on sliced French bread or sliced zucchini rounds or as a filling in hollowed cherry tomatoes.
Brie with Raspberries
- 1 13.2-ounce wheel of Brie
- 1 6-ounce container of fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon raspberry fruit spread
Slice Brie through middle and spread raspberry fruit spread on the bottom half. In a small bowl, smash raspberries with a fork and drain the excess liquid. Spread raspberries over the fruit spread, then cover with the top half of the Brie. Serve with sliced French bread or crackers.
Herb Cheese Spread
- 1 8-ounce package of low-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 10 basil leaves
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained
Combine cream cheese with other ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Serve spread with French bread or sliced cucumbers or as a dip for sliced peppers, baby carrots and other vegetables.
Apricots with Prosciutto
- 6 fresh apricots
- 3 ounces sliced prosciutto, thin cut
Slice apricots in half, remove pits and then slice each side in half. Cut a small, thin piece of prosciutto, wrap around the apricot slice and serve. This recipe will yield 24 appetizers.