Be sure to use extra-large eggs for this project so you'll be able to fit a candle into each. Arrange the candles in a group or place one at each diner's place on your dinner table.
- Small flat paintbrush
- Rose-pink acrylic paint
- Blown eggs, clean and dry, one for each holder
- Small needle-nose pliers
- Tea lights, one for each candle
- Eggcups, one for each candle
1. Paint the eggs and let them dry. (Click here for directions.)
2. Using the pliers and your fingertips, gently chip away the top third of each eggshell.
3. Insert a tea light into each eggshell and set the eggshell into an eggcup.
If the tea lights don't sit level in the eggshells, gently tip them out. Put a small piece of crushed wax paper into each shell, then reinsert the tea lights.
From Easter Eggs: 40 Fabulous Projects for the Whole Family. Projects and Photographs by Matthew Mead. © 2007 Chronicle Books.