We busy women are always looking for quick and interesting pasta dishes. Deceptively elegant, the following recipe fits the bill perfectly with only five ingredients. All you need to round out this meal is a crispy Italian bread and a nice bottle of wine. Enjoy!
Linguini with Sauteed Escarole and Pine Nuts
- 1 pound linguini
- 1 1/2 pounds escarole, sliced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
Cook pasta according to directions and drain. Slice the escarole; clean and dry leaves thoroughly. In a large saute pan, heat olive oil and add garlic and pine nuts. Stir frequently until garlic begins to turn translucent (not brown), add escarole and continue stirring until escarole has wilted. Serve over cooked linguini, and enjoy!
Time Saving Tips
- Use a salad spinner to clean and dry escarole.
- Pasta can be cooked the night before and stored in an airtight, refrigerated storage bag. Toss cooked pasta with a tablespoon of olive oil prior to refrigerating. Cooked pasta may be reheated in the microwave.
- Slice escarole the night before, but don't wash the leaves. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Get cooking with the Recipe Finder!
- Share pasta recipes with other members on the Quick and Easy Recipes message board.
WATCH: Cooking Pasta Al Dente