Hey, cooking is a lot of fun! I love everything about working in the kitchen
- Remember to always ask permission from your mom or dad or any adult in charge before you begin cooking.
- Never cook by yourself. It's always a good idea to have an adult nearby, especially when using sharp knives or graters, electrical appliances, hot burners, and the oven.
- You can do a lot of things yourself if you're careful, but ask for help when you need it
--like lifting heavy pots. Being smart in the kitchen is important!
- You have to dress right for the kitchen
--not to look good but to be safe and comfortable. Cooking clothes should be roomy but not too loose. Loose clothing can get caught on equipment, and you always have to be especially careful around an open flame. Long sleeves should be rolled up tight so they don't get in the way.
- Loose, long hair is a big no-no! If you have long hair, tie it back so it doesn't get in your way or into the food.
- Most jewelry isn't safe in the kitchen. Don't wear anything that dangles. If you wear a watch, be sure it's waterproof.