Photo Credit: Giphy.com
Listen, you know exactly what panic-inducing moments we're talking about here. They aren't the "Hmm, I wonder if I ran the dishwasher?" kind of moments, but rather the "Oh $#@%" scenarios that cause every muscle in your body to tighten up in a fleeting second of sheer fright as you brace for what happens next.
If you suffer from secondhand nervousness, proceed with caution.
1. Accidentally saying, "Bye, love you" to a completely inappropriate person
You just told your boss you love him?! Hopefully that wasn't a conference call.
2. Sending an email to the wrong person
Noooooooooooo, that was for Susan R., NOT SUSAN T.!! (Unless, of course, you use Gmail, in which case, it's cool! You're safe!)
3. Dropping your iPhone
The world slows down and you watch it fall...but there's nothing you can do. And oftentimes the "catastrophe" results in a minor scratch that has you proceeding as usual within seconds.
4. Ordering food and then spending five minutes not being able to find your wallet
It's not in your pants pocket or your coat pocket?! Did you check your purse? Check it again. CHECK IT AGAIN.
5. Spilling something on your keyboard
My beloved coffee...how could you betray me? This is going to take HOURS to clean up. Or, like, two minutes.
6. Getting out of your car and thinking you locked your keys inside of it
YOU'RE STRANDED! But you can hear something jangle in your purse, so that must be your keys, right? RIGHT?
7. Your boss asks you into their office, and closes the door
Wait. What? This wasn't scheduled in Outlook. It's a trap.
8. When someone's running to catch the elevator you're in and the "open door" and "close door" buttons suddenly become indistinguishable
Maybe you did it on purpose, maybe you didn't. But you definitely pressed "close door." And everybody in the elevator with you saw.
9. That moment you realize you just sent a trash-talking text to the subject of your trash talking
Cue: FULL BLOWN PANIC. And immediate follow-up text: "JK, LOL!!"
10. When you receive an email or Facebook message from an ex
Initial reaction: "OMG, are we getting back together?" Post-reading reaction: "JK, still hate you."