Cooperative kids can help their parents at Thanksgiving by setting the dinner table. Creative kids can impress parents and guests by crafting these adorable turkeys to hold place cards! Make a bunch of these cute turkeys so each guest can take one home.
What you'll need:
- Pinecones, nicely plump and at least three inches long (if you can't find them in the woods, check your craft store or online)
- Orange pipe cleaners
- Orange 1-inch pom-poms
- Small plastic googly eyes
- Small piece of yellow felt
- Bag of assorted color craft feathers
- Craft glue
- Small pieces of cardstock with each guest's name
What you'll do:
For each turkey, wrap an orange pipe cleaner around the middle of the pinecone and twist tightly to hold in place. Bend and spread out the ends so the pinecone stands steady.
Cut a tiny yellow felt "beak." Glue the beak and the googly eyes onto the pom-pom to form a face. Then glue the pom-pom onto one end of the pinecone.
Dip the tips of assorted color feathers into glue and stick them into the back of the pinecone to form the turkey's tail plumage. Tuck a name card into the feathers.