Your glass storm door -- or any large glass window -- is a blank canvas for young artists. Let kids create a winter scene or add holiday designs to welcome guests.
What you'll need:
- Washable window markers
- Washable tempera paints
- Small paintbrushes and/or foam brushes
- Paper towels
- Window cleaner
- Foam stamps in holiday designs
- Large stencils (either store bought or your own cut from poster board)
- Optional: Spray-on washable window paints (such as Krylon; the colors are more intense than markers. These must be used with adult supervision.)
- Optional: bulletin board cardboard decorations in simple shapes, such as stars or snowflakes (look in party supply or teacher supply stores)
What you'll do:
- Clean the storm door glass with window cleaner and paper towels. Use a black window marker to sketch out a design. Cardboard bulletin board decorations are great for tracing designs onto the window.
- Fill in the design with washable markers or washable tempera paints. If using spray-on paints, stencils will give clean edges.
- To use foam stamps, apply the paint to the stamp with a foam brush, then press firmly onto the glass.
- To clean the design after the holidays, use regular window cleaner and lots of paper towels.