Dive right into a day of deep-sea fun at your local aquarium where your family will discover an underwater world filled with marine mammals and deep-sea creatures. Make the most of your visit by following these insider tips:
- Get your child psyched up for the trip by reading books or watching a television program about fish beforehand. It will be thrilling for her to see the sea species up close after she has learned about them.
- Arrive early at the aquarium in order to avoid the crowds.
- Plan your visit around the fish's feeding schedule and other special events.
- Pack snacks to keep your little ones from floundering.
- Bring along a baby carrier since the aquarium may not permit strollers.
For more fun with fish, take a whale-watching boat tour offered only at coastal aquariums. The thrill of witnessing these majestic creatures swimming, spouting and flipping their tails, is an experience that your child will surely never forget.
If there isn't an aquarium in your area, consider taking your child to a local pond or pet store to enjoy fish-watching. While it may not seem as exciting to you, your little Finding Nemo fan will no doubt love visiting with the goldfish, no matter where they are.