Name: Filipe Fa
Hometown: Mesa, AZ
Favorite cheat food: Fried chicken, Philly cheese steak
Goal for 2009: To live to the fullest
Starting weight: 364 lbs
Elimination weight: 234 lbs
1. What was your big turning point-either during the show or before that made you realize you needed to lose the weight?
The turning point came for me when I took my kids to the park one day and my son ran towards the street and I ran after him, and barely made it in time to grab him before a car hit him. I realized how out of shape I was. It was not only affecting my health, but not being able to protect my kids opened my eyes. It was time for me to lose weight.
2. What is one thing you wish you had known before going on The Biggest Loser?
The importance of regular exercise and portioning what you eat.
3. If you could have done one thing differently during the show, what would it be?
I would have kept my food journal updated.
4. What was the hardest thing to adapt to while being on the ranch?
Pushing through the pain during and after an exercise.
5. What's the most helpful thing your partner did or said to motivate you?
When he placed his trust in me during his 30 days at home. He said “ You should stay because I know you can do it.”
6. What is your favorite workout?
7. What's the best advice Bob or Jillian has given you?
Bob: “Believe in yourself and trust the process and change forever.”
Jillian: “Showing you pity doesn’t do you any favors.”
8. What is your favorite meal or snack?
9. What happens behind the scenes of the show that no one would know from watching it?
Last chance workouts lasted 4 – 5 hours.
10. What did you do for fun while you were on the ranch?
Make music videos