Treats are a good way to reward your dog for a job well done. Here are five ways you can treat your dog to better training:
- Treat and train your pet after a play session. After a rousing game of fetch, let your dog know who's in command and reward him with a treat.
- End every grooming session with a treat. Teach your dog the reward of good grooming by giving him a treat after brushing.
- When you leave, throw him a BONZ® brand dog snack. Give your dog something she can chew on while you're gone. BONZ can be particularly fun since many dogs like to play with them before they chomp down.
- Let your dog follow his nose "down." This can be a tricky command to teach a dog, but not if you use an aromatic treat like Purina® Beggin' Strips® brand dry snack. Working from his seated position, let your dog sniff the treat, command DOWN, then pull the treat down and out in an L-shaped move. Your dog will naturally follow his nose "down."
- Never give a treat without a trick. There should be no free rides for dogs when it comes to treats. Always make your dog obey some kind of command before rewarding her with a treat.