MARCH 2012

iVillage Member
MARCH 2012
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 9:27pm

d42e7e933e98132893b47a466f3bc162.jpg picture by rita81

iVillage Member
In reply to: chic04
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 9:34pm
It really has been a good year so far hasn't it? Spring is nearly here as well and I couldn't be happier. This month I'm amping up my workouts and am going to start taking some steps in the makeover direction. I actually started today with some window shopping and I purposely went into stores I'd never noticed before to scope out trends, prices, and fashion ideas in general.

I've already treated myself to a new bikini that took me only 3 trips in the dressing room and zero tears to find lol. Since I pretty much need an entire wardrobe I'm going to have to figure out how to divide it into sections so that I can purchase things in waves. Of course that first means figuring out what my wardrobe should consist of besides basic tees and pants lol.
Follow me to Coping with Job Loss

Follow me to Birth Control

--------
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 10:16pm

I need to hit the gym myself, so I can get a cute 2 piece swim suiit. I have a 1 piece I got at Walmart sometime last yr. Its okay, it keeps me covered. LOL!!!

Check out the March 2012 issue of InStyle they have 6 really good tips on organizing your clothes. I really love those tips. They are really good.

That's the best place to start. It helps build ideas that grow into I MUST HAVE OR LIFE WILL NOT GO ON!! I know I'm that way with somethings, especially when I try them on and they look awww...mazing!

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 1:39pm

I will be looking for that magazine today. I was trying to figure out something on my own and got way to fixated on where the clothes would be worn and ended up with like 3 dozen categories. With that many different types of clothes needed it'd take me a decade to redo my wardrobe lol.

--------update------

Ok so I found that InStyle magazine here at the library and imagine my shock to discover that they've been stocking nearly every popular magazine and newspaper for years.

--------
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 10:27pm

I know!! Kind of makes me wish I had that problem!! LOL!!! But at least it gave you a starting point on what you should do with your closet and where to get started. Maybe stepping out from your comfort zone could be a good thing. Wearing dresses and skirts does mean you have to shave your legs more, but since its not a tattoo (LOL!), wearing them more than once a yr to never can be fun. Its always nice to wear them on warm days, out to lunch the girls, etc....

I'm not shorts kinda of woman myself, but I do love carpis since I consider them a nice alternate to shorts. But I do have to say some styles don't flatter all woman!!!

Even going to the book store you can find up to date issues of all those magazines and so much more. I go to Barnes and Noble once a month just to page through the magazines and listen to the music in the music area.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 10:09pm

That checklist and the stacks of fashion magazines I browsed at the library led me to add several more things to what I now call wardrobe essentials.

--------
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 1:43pm

That's really good. What do you plan on including in your wardrobe now? I'm that way too, even though I still buy lots of clothes, I'd have to say my clothes can be worn yr around just maybe a cardigan to go over some of them.

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-24-2012 - 2:39pm

After all my research I condensed everything to these categories:

Tops/Sweaters

Pants/Jeans

Dresses

Skirts

Outerwear (as in coats)

Shoes

Undergarments

Jewelry/Accessories

Bags

Bedtime

Swimwear

What was really interesting was that you don't need hundreds of different things in each category.

--------
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 3:13pm

I'm really proud of you. That's so good you have it down to a science. I hope you stick with your diet and plan and reach your goal!!