What are you reading the week of March 17-23, 2013?

iVillage Member
What are you reading the week of March 17-23, 2013?
Sun, 03-17-2013 - 3:48pm

What's got your attention this week?

I'm reading The Learning Tree by Gordon Parks.

Julia

iVillage Member

I'm finishing up The Cream Puff Murder by Joanne Fluke and I've started the last book in The Inn at Shining Waters series, River's End by Melody Carlson.

Kathie

iVillage Member

I finished The Learning Tree by Gordon Parks, it was wonderful! I recommend it highly.

Now I'm reading Funny How Things Change by Melissa Wyatt.

Julia

iVillage Member

Reading a free kindle book...Taking Flight...about a 13 yr old boy and an old man with alzheimers disease....pretty good...

iVillage Member

Just finished The Snow Child, Eowyn Ivey -lovely

Also reading Among Others, Jo Walton - I want to like it, but there is more that I don't like than I do like. LOL

Re-reading Xenocide, Orson Scott Card

and listening to The Night Circus, Erin Morgenster - I like it, but the jumping from one year to another and back is confusing when listening to it. I need to really focus to follow it.

Carrie

iVillage Member

I really enjoyed The Night Circus and I can see that it would be a difficult book to listen to.

I finished up River's End and I'm going to start The Sound of Broken Glass by Deborah Crombie.

Kathie

iVillage Member

I just finished up Mr. Darcy's Dream by Elizabeth Aston.  I love her books.  I also found out that she has about 4 more books written in this series, so I can continue with reading about the Darcy family.  I planned on reading Sue Ann Jaffarian's next Odelia Grey book , but I have been reading Bone Rattler by Eliot Pattison on my Nook.  It has turned out to be really, really good and I may have to go back to finish it first.  If I can finish it by Tuesday, then I can read my Odelia book in a couple of days and get both the library books back in time.  We'll see!

Happy Reading!

Bev

iVillage Member
I've read that one, Kacey! River's End was an excellent book. I was sad when I finished it. It is very beautifully written. Bev
iVillage Member

I really enjoyed the trilogy. It's fun to discover a trilogy that has already been written. I read them one after the other.

I've heard such good things about The Snow Child and it was the deal of the day for Kobo, so I just downloaded it.

Kathie

iVillage Member

Carrie,

Three of the four books you're reading right now were on my best books list last year. Snow Child, Among Others and The Night Circus  were among my favorite books that I read last year.

I'm reading right now Salvage the Bones for my real life book club. It won a National Book Award last year, but I'm finding it difficult, to say the least. These exceedingly impoverished bleak teenagers live in an adult- less environment in the days up to Hurricane Katrina.

Julia