What AreYou Reading February 3-9, 2013

iVillage Member
What AreYou Reading February 3-9, 2013
Tue, 02-05-2013 - 8:23pm

I just posted my latest read on last week's WAYR, and then decided to go ahead and start this week's.  I notice that posting is WAY down on this site--any idea what the problem is?  I know I seem to have more problems with iVillage than other sites.  Anyway, not sure what's up next, but I think it will be The Memory Thief by  Emily Colin. However, I just got my two book club books for this month:  The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window and Disappeared (whew!) by Jonas Jonasson  and Wicked by Cheryl Strayed.  Our local library has been closed since Christmas, but wil be opening next week.  Yay!!!  I've missed it.  Luckily before they closed, they had a "check out as many books as you can carry" to keep us all happy, but also so that they wouldn't have as many books to move (we expanded dramatically).

How many of you rely on your local library for the majority of your reading?  Have a great week of reading!

ExBlondie (Lynne): 

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-11-2013 - 2:30pm

So sorry to hear that Ellen. I hope your Mom is on the toad to recovery.

Kathie

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-09-2013 - 6:48am

hi everyone,

sorry i have not been around lately. my mom took a fall the beginning of january and i am currently in texas taking care of her. this is the first time i have been able to post. don't know when i will get to go home yet but i am hoping sometime next month.

anyway, i am reading beautiful sacrifice by elizabeth lowell.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-06-2013 - 11:40am

I've been having trouble posting as well. I tried to post a fun "What Kind of Reader Are You" survey but I still can't cut and paste on this site.

Since my favourite used bookstore closed, I use the library for more than I used to. The library branch closest to me is a small one so I used it primarily to request new hardcover books.

I'm reading Bone Bed by Patricia Cornwell and The Orphan Sister by Gwendolen Gross.

Kathie

Kathie

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-06-2013 - 10:01am

Last week I took out nine books from my library. Yesterday I took out two more. Yes, the library is my primary source for reading material.

I am currenly reading The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. The most recent book before that was the delightful and unusual Operation Oleander. I'll post a review of it here over in the Review section. Yes, Lynn, I too have been having problems posting here on iVillage.

Julia