I Love the Library but

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
I Love the Library but
9
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 9:55pm
 

 Really cannot stand when patrons who borrow items decide to keep them and the items are listed as missing.   Really?? come on....

 Then there is less items to be shared to other people. Of course they will get fined for doing that, but it does not seem that they care.    hmmmmmmmm

Avatar for zions_daughter
iVillage Member
Registered: 04-18-2001
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 12:34am
Ugh, that's very frustrating! I'm super-careful with library materials, but I guess not everyone uses the Golden Rule when they think about their library books/movies/CDs.

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 12:39am
zions_daughter wrote:
Ugh, that's very frustrating! I'm super-careful with library materials, but I guess not everyone uses the Golden Rule when they think about their library books/movies/CDs.     yes me too...I am careful with everything I borrow. Nope not everyone is like that with their library borrowing and being respectful. 

 

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 11:52am
rjohn99 wrote:

Yes ...that is a shame...The library is such a wonderful privilege and a wonderful place for ALL to have the opportunity to read and learn!!    Yup...I would never have done those kinds of things.

 

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-25-2007
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 7:15am

I agree.  Another issue at our library is actually parents taking advantage of the beautiful children's section.  They drop off their kids and go to the other side of the library.  Then their children proceed to make a huge mess, be loud, jump around, and mom is nowhere to be seen.  Then poor librarian that runs that part has to try to get them to behave, and the workers are left to clean the huge mess they make.  So not right.


Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 12:51pm
jewel_0108 wrote:

I agree.  Another issue at our library is actually parents taking advantage of the beautiful children's section.  They drop off their kids and go to the other side of the library.  Then their children proceed to make a huge mess, be loud, jump around, and mom is nowhere to be seen.  Then poor librarian that runs that part has to try to get them to behave, and the workers are left to clean the huge mess they make.  So not right.         I believe you...they probably do it here, too.

 

Community Leader
Registered: 05-11-1999
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 5:40pm
I agree with you, that is very aggravating and frustrating!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 6:37pm
harkness wrote:
I agree with you, that is very aggravating and frustrating!     yes especially waiting for an item when there is several copies. One wonders where did some go? 

 

Avatar for zions_daughter
iVillage Member
Registered: 04-18-2001
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 9:45pm
Our library is pretty small, so if I do leave my boys in the kids' section, I'm just a couple rows away in the juvenile fiction. Usually I stay right with them, though.