BD 2 sweeps the 2013 Razzies

iVillage Member
BD 2 sweeps the 2013 Razzies
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 12:42pm

It wouldn't be Awards Season without everyone's favorite anti-awards organization, the Golden Raspberries, and this year they've somewhat predictably (and rather unfairly) targeted "Breaking Dawn - Part 2" for every single possible category.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/final-twilight-sweeps-2013-razzies-nomination-every-category-020954513.html

Ok, I can see this as somewhat humorous, even though I enjoyed the franchise; I understand it's not everyone's taste and it's easy to poke at it. ... But every single category? Really? Sounds to me like someone may be just a little lazy, wanting to get in one last shot. Silly, silly people... Twi-hards are immune to your nonesense! Wink

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 1:10pm

Hah... after reading all the nominations, I figure they're just going after BD 2 because it's a success. Even my guy feels there are way more terrbile movies out there than the ones they listed! LOL

Community Leader
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 6:41pm

While I haven't seen BD 2 yet, I think the movie snobs are just picking an easy target.  Nobody expects these films to walk away with Academy Awards, but as CanIEatCandy's fella pointed out, there are worse movies out there.  I think it's difficult for any successful franchise to achieve critical aclaim.  Just look at the HP series- they were nominated several times for Academy Awards in different catagories but they were always overlooked.