Best and Worst Movies of 2012

iVillage Member
Best and Worst Movies of 2012
Tue, 12-04-2012 - 11:23am

I haven't seen Prometheus yet; it's one of the movies I plan on watching with DH, but we just haven't gotten around to it yet. After checking out this article, I still plan on watching it, simply to see if it's as bad as it implies! Tongue Out  Ok, so sometimes I watch a bad movie just to entertain myself by making snarky comments. DH doesn't get that, but my two boys and I love doing it!

Anyway, it started me wondering... what movies do you think were the best and the worst of 2012?

Community Leader
Thu, 12-06-2012 - 3:50pm

Oh I forgot about HG. I liked it. Wasn't too into it, but, I think because I read the book and a lot was left out.

Community Leader
Thu, 12-06-2012 - 3:49pm

I didn't see Prometheus, but it is on my "to see" list. I saw Battleship. Meh. I really only saw it for Alexander Skarsgärd. It had SOOOO much potential but fell flat. I want to see The Watch. Just saw Chronicle and it wasn't bad. But it turned to sadistic and I can't stomach that so DH finished it. He liked it. LOVE This Means War, but wouldn't say it was the best. Wanderlust was ok. The Lorax was good. 21 Jump Street was ok. Wrath of the Titans was decent, not as good as Clash of the Titans. Mirror Mirror, I thought, was awful. The Five Year Engagement was cute, not what I expected, but decent enough. The Avengers was AWESOME and I'd say that is probably top of my best list. Just watched MIB3 and it was good. Not up to MIB1, maybe equal to MIB2. Brave was great. Probably another contender for my best list. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was good. Not a "best" though. I've heard Seeking a Friend for the End of the World was good. It's on my "to see" list. Magic Mike. Not a best, but definitely in a league of it's own. ;) I want to see The Amazing Spiderman. Mostly for Emma Stone. LOL I have Hope Springs sitting on my kitchen counter. I'll watch it tomorrow night. My son and husband saw Wreck-It Ralph and loved it. It's on my list to see as well. And then Breaking Dawn Part II. Loved it. But not a best.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-05-2012 - 2:11pm

The only movie I went to see was The Hunger Games and I loved it! Most of my movie watching is done at home, when the DVDs are released, so I'm not always even sure what year each movie was released! Undecided

Let's see... This year, I watched Paranormal Activity 3... it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great, either. Breaking Dawn One was another fav; didn't care too much for Apollo 18 but Battleship was pretty good. Hmmm... can't remember any others right now -- it's been a long week! 

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-05-2012 - 11:21am

My favorite was The Hunger Games. Honestly, I can't think of one I hated but I didn't go to the movies as much this year as I normally do.