New in Theaters - 10/8/10

iVillage Member
New in Theaters - 10/8/10
Fri, 10-08-2010 - 9:34am

(Somewhat abbrieviated due to new space restraints, but the best I could do)

As Good as Dead

Seeking revenge for the murder of their religious leader, fundamental extremists kidnap and torture the man they believe responsible.

Starring Cary Elwes, Brian Cox, Andie MacDowell, Matt Dallas, Frank Whaley

Directed by Jonathan Mossek

Running Time - 1:40
Genre - Suspense/Thriller
Opened in Theaters - Friday, October 8th, 2010

R

I Spit on Your Grave: Unrated

Writer Jennifer Hills takes a retreat from the city to a cabin in the woods to start on her next book. But, Jennifer's presence in the small town attracts the attention of a few locals who set out one night to teach this city girl a lesson. They break into her cabin to scare her. Acts of humiliation and intimidation escalate into a night of physical abuse and assault.

Starring Sarah Butler, Jeff Branson, Daniel Franzese, Rodney Eastman, Chad Lindberg

Directed by Steven R. Monroe

Running Time - 1:48
Genre -
Horror

Jim

Being steadily crushed under the weight of debt, unemployment, and increasing isolation, Jim reaches a breaking point. Over a game of solitary Russian roulette he contemplates an unspeakable act of violence as a way of leaving his mark.

Starring Dan Illian, Vanessa Burke, Abigail Savage, Michael Strelow, Atticus Cain

Directed by Jeremy Morris-Burke

Running Time - 1:41
Genre -
Drama

Life as We Know It

Holly Berenson