New in Theaters - 2/12/10

iVillage Member
New in Theaters - 2/12/10
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 10:27pm

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

Trouble-prone teen Percy Jackson is about to kicked out of school – but that’s the least of his problems. The gods of Mount Olympus and assorted monsters seem to have walked out of the pages of Percy’s Greek mythology texts and into his life – and they’re not happy. Zeus’ lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect.

Now, Percy and his friends must return Zeus’ stolen property and unravel a mystery more powerful than the gods themselves.

Starring Logan Lerman, Brandon T. Jackson, Rosario Dawson, Pierce Brosnan, Uma Thurman, Catherine Keener, Sean Bean, Kevin McKidd, Steve Coogan, Melina Kanakaredes

Directed by Chris Columbus

Running Time - 2:00
Genre - Drama
Opening in Theaters - Friday, February 12th, 2010

PG
action violence and peril, some scary images and suggestive material, and mild language

Red Riding: 1974

It's Yorkshire in 1974, and fear, mistrust and institutionalised police corruption are running riot. Rookie journalist Eddie Dunford is determined to search for the truth in an increasingly complex maze of lies and deceit surrounding the police investigation into a series of child abductions.

When young Clare Kemplay goes missing, Eddie and his colleague, Barry, persuade their editor to let them investigate links with two similar abductions in the last decade.

But after a mutilated body is found on a construction site owned by a local property magnate, Eddie and Barry are drawn into a deadly world of secrecy, intimidation, shocking revelations and police brutality.

Starring Andrew Garfield, Anthony Flanagan, Cathryn Bradshaw, Daniel Mays, Sean Bean, Rebecca Hall, Peter Mullan, Mark Addy, Warren Clarke

Directed by Julian Jarrold

Running Time - 1:41
Genre -
Drama

Not Rated

Red Riding: 1980

It's 1980 and the 'Ripper' has tyrannised Yorkshire for six long years. Senior Manchester detective Peter Hunter is brought in by the Home Office to conduct a secret review of the Ripper investigation to date.

Hunter's been involved with West Yorkshire before; he failed to complete an investigation into a shooting involving Yorkshire coppers back in 1974.

But this time Hunter's determined not to leave without getting results.

Starring Andrew Garfield, Warren Clarke, Mark Addy, Peter Mullan, Sean Bean

Directed by James Marsh

Running Time - 1:36
Genre -
Drama

Not Rated

Red Riding: 1983

Nine years on, another Morley child has gone missing on her way home from school.

Detective Chief Superintendent Maurice Jobson is forced to remember the very similar disappearance of Clare Kemplay, who was found dead in 1974, and the subsequent imprisonment of local boy Michael Myshkin.

Washed-up local solicitor John Piggott becomes convinced of Myshkin's innocence and begins to fight on his behalf, unwittingly providing a catalyst for Jobson to start to right some wrongs.

Starring Rebecca Hall, Sean Bean, Peter Mullan, Mark Addy, Warren Clarke

Directed by Anand Tucker

Running Time - 1:40
Genre -
Drama

Not Rated

Valentine's Day

An all-star ensemble cast comes together in "Valentine's Day," which follows the intertwining storylines of a diverse group of Los Angelenos as they navigate their way through romance and heartbreak over the course of one Valentine's Day. Couples and singles experience the pinnacles and pitfalls of finding, keeping or ending relationships in a day in the life of love.

Starring Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Garner, Anne Hathaway, Julia Roberts, Ashton Kutcher, Jennifer Garner, Emma Roberts, Patrick Dempsey, Topher Grace, Eric Dane, Shirley MacLaine

Directed by Garry Marshall

Running Time - 1:57
Genre -
Drama

PG-13
some sexual material and brief partial nudity

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 10:32pm

Lightning Thief - I just finished the book.

Valentine's Day - what a cast. I would like to see it, but not sure how quickly.

iVillage

Carrie

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 10:50pm

Yes, talk about a stellar cast in Valentine's Day! I don't think I'll see that one in a theater, but I think I'll have to see it sometime, if only for the cast.

The Wolfman looks pretty good to me - I like Anthony Hopkins and I like that genre.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 10:52pm
How did I miss Wolfman on the list? LOL I too like that genre and I've seen the trailers a few times.
iVillage

Carrie

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 3:45pm

I want to see both Wolfman and Valentine's Day, but I will probably wait for them on DVD.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket