New in Theaters - 3/12/10

iVillage Member
New in Theaters - 3/12/10
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 10:22pm

Green Zone

During the U.S.-led occupation of Baghdad in 2003, Chief Warrant Officer Roy Miller and his team of Army inspectors were dispatched to find weapons of mass destruction believed to be stockpiled in the Iraqi desert. Rocketing from one booby-trapped and treacherous site to the next, the men search for deadly chemical agents but stumble instead upon an elaborate cover-up that inverts the purpose of their mission.

Spun by operatives with intersecting agendas, Miller must hunt through covert and faulty intelligence hidden on foreign soil for answers that will either clear a rogue regime or escalate a war in an unstable region. And, at this blistering time and in this combustible place, he will find the most elusive weapon of all is the truth.

Starring Matt Damon, Greg Kinnear, Amy Ryan, Brendan Gleeson, Jason Isaacs

Directed by Paul Greengrass

Running Time - 1:55
Genre -
Action
Opening in Theaters - Friday, March 12th, 2010

R
violence and language

Mother

Hye-ja is a single mom to 27-year-old Do-joon. Her son is her raison d'être. Though an adult in years, Do-joon is naïve and dependent on his mother and a constant source of anxiety, often behaving in ways that are foolish or simply dangerous.

Walking home alone one night down a nearly empty city street, he encounters a young girl who he follows for a while before she disappears into a dark alley. The next morning, she is found dead in an abandoned building and Do-joon is accused of her murder.

Thanks to an inefficient lawyer and an apathetic police force, Do-joon's case is quickly closed, but his mother refuses to let this be the end of the story.

Starring
Bin Won, Ku Jin, Kim Hye-ja

Directed by Joon-ho Bong

Running Time - 2:08
Genre -
Drama

R
language, some sexual content, violence and drug use

Our Family Wedding

Chaos ensues when a young, African-American medical resident proposes marriage to his Latina girlfriend, who happens to be pregnant with his child, and both families argue over wedding plans.

Starring Forest Whitaker, America Ferrera, Regina King, Hayley Marie Norman, Lance Gross

Directed by Rick Famuyiwa

Running Time - 1:30
Genre -
Comedy

PG-13
some sexual content and brief strong language

Remember Me

Tyler, a rebellious young man in New York City, has had a strained relationship with his father ever since tragedy separated their family. Tyler didn't think anyone could possibly understand what he was going through until the day he met Ally through an unusual twist of fate.

Love was the last thing on his mind, but as her spirit unexpectedly heals and inspires him, he begins to fall for her. Through their love, he begins to find happiness and meaning in his life. But, soon, hidden secrets are revealed, and the circumstances that brought them together slowly threaten to tear them apart.

Starring Robert Pattinson, Emilie de Ravin, Chris Cooper, Pierce Brosnan, Lena Olin

Directed by Allen Coulter

Running Time - 1:53
Genre - Drama

PG-13
violence, sexual content, language and smoking

She's Out of My League

Kirk (Jay Baruchel, "Knocked Up," "Tropic Thunder"), an average Joe, can't believe his luck. Though he's stuck in a seemingly dead-end job as an airport security agent, against all odds, Molly (Alice Eve), a successful and outrageously gorgeous babe, falls for him. Kirk is stunned. So are his friends, his family and even his ex-girlfriend.

Now he has to figure out how to make the relationship work, even though he'd be the first to admit she's totally out of his league.

Starring Jay Baruchel, Alice Eve, T.J. Miller, Mike Vogel, Nate Torrence, Krysten Ritter, Geoff Stults, Lindsay Sloane, Debra Jo Rupp

Directed by Jim Field Smith

Running Time - 1:44
Genre -
Comedy

R
language and sexual content

Stolen

Work has become an obsession for Detective TOM ADKINS (Jon Hamm) since the disappearance of his 10-year-old son, TOMMY JR. When an early morning phone call leads him to the mangled remains of a young boy who was brutally murdered 50 years ago, Adkins takes on the case in hopes of finding absolution.

His investigation leads him to 1958 and a man named MATTHEW WAKEFIELD (Josh Lucas) and his innocent son JOHN. The striking similarities in the cases pushes Adkins' obsession over the top. Barely holding onto his sanity but bound by the hope of redemption, Adkins unravels the unspeakable truth behind what happened to his son.

Starring Josh Lucas, Jon Hamm, Jimmy Bennett, James Van Der Beek, Jessica Chastain, Morena Baccarin

Directed by Anders Anderson

Running Time - 1:30
Genre -
Drama

R
a scene of sexuality

Tales From the Script

Screenwriters ranging from newcomers to living legends share their triumphs and hardships in this probing, insightful, and often hilarious odyssey through the world of movie storytelling.

Candid and unafraid to name names, dozens of participants reveal the fascinating creative adventures that gave birth to notorious flops and beloved classics.

Starring Shane Black, John Carpenter, Frank Darabont, William Goldman, Paul Schrader

Directed by Peter Hanson

Running Time - 1:45
Genre -
Documentary

Not Rated

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 12:02am

I've only heard of the new Matt Damon movie, and it's the only one I'd like to see.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 8:31am
I think I'll wait for video for Green Zone, Remember Me and She's out of my League (I occasionally enjoy dumb movies).

Photobucket

Thank you Elena for the Stunning Siggy!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 9:11am
I'd like to

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-14-2010 - 12:28pm
I've had my eye on Remember Me. Not sure if I will see it in the theater or wait for it on DVD.
iVillage

Carrie