New in Theaters - 5/22/09

iVillage Member
New in Theaters - 5/22/09
Fri, 05-22-2009 - 9:05am

Terminator Salvation

Set in post-apocalyptic 2018, Christian Bale stars as John Connor, the man fated to lead the human resistance against Skynet and its army of Terminators.

But the future Connor was raised to believe in is altered in part by the appearance of Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington), a stranger whose last memory is of being on death row. Connor must decide whether Marcus has been sent from the future, or rescued from the past.

As Skynet prepares its final onslaught, Connor and Marcus both embark on an odyssey that takes them into the heart of Skynet’s operations, where they uncover the terrible secret behind the possible annihilation of mankind.

Starring Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, Anton Yelchin, Bryce Dallas Howard, Moon Bloodgood, Common, Jadagrace

Directed by McG

Running Time - 1:54
Genre -
SciFi/Fantasy
Opened in Theaters - Thursday, May 21st, 2009

PG-13
intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and language

aka Terminator 4, Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Scheduled to be the first of a new Terminator Trilogy

The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story

"The Boys" documents the extraordinary lives of two radically diverse siblings: the multi-award-winning songwriting team-- the Sherman Brothers (Robert B. Sherman and Richard M. Sherman).

The documentary traces the origins of their remarkable careers--from their childhood and young adulthood, through a six-decade collaboration that included 50 motion pictures and a catalogue of more than a thousand songs for television, records, theme parks and stage.

Starring Dick Van Dyke, Angela Lansbury, Lesley Ann Warren, John Landis, John Lasseter

Directed by Gregory V. Sherman, Jeff Sherman

Running Time - 1:41
Genre -
Documentary
Opened in Theaters - Friday, May 22nd, 2009

PG
mild thematic elements, smoking images kand brief language

Dance Flick

A young street dancer from the wrong side of the tracks and a beautiful young woman are brought together by their passion for dancing and put to the test in the mother of all dance battles.

Starring Damon Wayans Jr., Craig Wayans, Shoshana Bush, Essence Atkins, Affion Crockett

Directed by Damien Dante Wayans

Running Time - 1:23
Genre -
Comedy

PG-13
crude and sexual content throughout, and language

Easy Virtue

A young Englishman gets married to an American divorcee on the spur of the moment in the South of France and then must return home to face his family.

Starring Jessica Biel, Ben Barnes, Kristin Scott Thomas, Colin Firth, Kimberley Nixon

Directed by Stephan Elliott

Running Time - 1:33
Genre -
Comedy

PG-13
sexual content, brief partial nudity, and smoking throughout

The Girlfriend Experience

Five days in the life of Chelsea (adult film star Sasha Grey in her mainstream film debut), an ultra high-end Manhattan call girl who offers more than sex to her clients, but companionship and conversation--the girlfriend experience.

Chelsea thinks she has her life totally under control--she feels her future is secure because she runs her own business her own way, makes $2,000 an hour, and has a devoted boyfriend who accepts her lifestyle.

But, when you're in the business of meeting people, you never know who you're going to meet.

Starring Sasha Grey, Christopher Santos, Bridget Storm, Jeff Grossman, Timothy J. Cox

Directed by Steven Soderbergh

Running Time - 1:17
Genre - Comedy

R
sexual content, nudity and language

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-22-2009 - 9:09am
The only one I might want to see in a theater is Night at the Museum (and isn't that a strange synopsis?). The Boys looks interesting, and I like the music, but I'll wait to see it on DVD, if I decide to see it. I bet The Boys has a great soundtrack, though!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-22-2009 - 9:22am
I've been looking forward to Terminator but I'm hearing it's getting not-so-good reviews! Too bad!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-23-2009 - 1:33am

I only want to see the Terminator movie.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-23-2009 - 2:16pm

I want to see Terminator just because I've seen them all.
I enjoyed (way more than I thought I would) the first Night at the Museum so I'm hoping this one is just as good.

I haven't even heard of the other movies.

Carrie

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-23-2009 - 5:13pm

Terminator and Night At The Museum.

Terminator, because it was filmed in my state. I've already recognized sites from just the previews.

Night At The Museum, because the first one was a very enjoyable family movie. I'm not so certain I'll like this one, based on the previews I've seen, but I'll reserve judgment until I've actually seen it.

Carrie

Carrie