New in Theaters 5/27-5/28

iVillage Member
New in Theaters 5/27-5/28
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 9:12am

Sex and the City 2

The continuing story of Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda, and Samantha as they struggle to manage their love lives, friendships and careers in New York City.

Starring Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon, Chris Noth, David Eigenberg, Evan Handler, Jason Lewis, Mario Cantone, Willie Garson

Directed by Michael Patrick King

Running Time - 2:00
Genre -
Comedy
Opening in Theaters - Thursday, May 27th, 2010

R
some strong sexual content and language

George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead

Off the coast of Delaware sits the cozy Plum Island where two families are locked in a struggle for power, as it has been for generations. The O'Flynn's, headed by patriarch Patrick O'Flynn (Kenneth Welsh) approach the zombie plague with a shoot-to-kill attitude. The Muldoons, headedby Shamus Muldoon (Richard Fitzpatrick), feel that the zombies should be quarantined and kept 'alive,' in hopes that a solution will someday be found.

The O'Flynn's, who are clearly outnumbered, are forced to exile Patrick by boat to the mainland, where he meets up with a cynical band of soldiers, headed by Guardsman Sarge (Alan Van Sprang). They join forces and return to the island, to find that the zombie plague has fully gripped the divided community, and the body count is rising.

Starring Devon Bostick, Kathleen Munroe, Kenneth Welsh, Athena Karkanis, Julian Richings

Directed by George A. Romero

Running Time - 1:30
Genre -
Horror
Opening in Theaters - Friday, May 28th, 2010

R
strong zombie violence/gore, language and brief sexuality

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Set in 9th century medieval Persia, a young adventurous prince uncovers a dangerous artifact in a remote mountain kingdom and with the help of an enemy princess, must stop a despot from unleashing a sandstorm that could destroy all mankind.

Starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Ben Kingsley, Gemma Arterton, Alfred Molina

Directed by Mike Newell

Running Time - 1:55
Genre -
Action/Adventure
Opening in Theaters - Friday, May 28th, 2010

PG-13
intense sequences of violence and action

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 9:18am

I want to see Sex and the City 2 & Prince of Persia... now if I can just find a movie theater...

We moved a week ago, I'm still adjusting. ;o)

Siggy by Elena
Photobucket
Thanks to Elena for the name tag & Holly for the b-day Siggy!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 2:07pm

I Love zombie movies.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 7:36pm
Carrie, go to bigscreen.com and put in your zip code. It'll bring up all the theaters in your area.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 6:16pm

I saw those 2 movies already (Prince of Persia and yesterday I saw SATC 2. I enjoyed both movies very much.

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-12-2010 - 5:56pm

Welcome to the board Starlettos! I agree that SatC is very entertaining. That's why I watched the series (on dvd after it had aired on tv) and the first movie.

Photobucket