New in Theaters - 6/19 - 6/24, 2009

iVillage Member
New in Theaters - 6/19 - 6/24, 2009
Fri, 06-19-2009 - 9:10am

The Narrows

"The Narrows" is the story of a young man facing one of life's most important crossroads.

Mike Manadoro, a 19-year-old from Brooklyn, will do almost anything to get out of his neighborhood and to study photography at a Manhattan university. The problem is Mike's father Vinny, a retired sanitation worker, does not have the financial means to support his son's dream.

So when local mob boss Tony offers Mike a high paying job, he takes it. Mike enters college at the same time as he begins delivering mysterious packages for Tony.

Juggling new friendships, old loyalties, a new romance and the world of small-time crime, Mike's choices begin to result in dangerous and potentially fatal consequences for himself and everyone around him.

Starring Kevin Zegers, Vincent D'Onofrio, Sophia Bush, Eddie Cahill, Monica Keena

Directed by François Velle

Running Time - 1:46
Genre -
Drama
Opened in Theaters - Friday, June 19th, 2009

R
pervasive language, violence, sexual content and some drug use

The Proposal

A book editor is forced to marry her male assistant in order to stay in the country. When they travel to Alaska to meet his family, the new couple has to fake their way through a surprise wedding thrown by his parents.

Starring Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds, Malin Akerman, Mary Steenburgen

Directed by Anne Fletcher

Running Time - 1:48
Genre -
Romance

PG-13
sexual content, nudity and language

Under Our Skin

About the one of the most controversial illnesses in America today: Lyme disease. Most people think of Lyme disease as that thing you can catch from a tick bite, but few know the true graveness of one of the most dangerous epidemics currently afflicting people across the nation. Here, we examine not just the science of the bacteria that causes Lyme disease and the politics of the controversy but also the personal stories of those whose lives have been affected and nearly destroyed.

Starring
Dana Walsh, Jordan Fisher Smith, Mandy Hughes

Directed by Andy Abrahams Wilson

Running Time - 1:43
Genre -
Documentary

Not Rated

Whatever Works

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-19-2009 - 10:32am

TrAnSfOrMeRs!!!!

can you tell I'm excited? LOL. The proposal looks good but I'll likely wait for DVD.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-19-2009 - 11:35am
Transformers and The Proposal. I'm excited too, but I don't want to bother with html codes due to my browser....

Carrie

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-19-2009 - 11:41am

LOL, don't be shy, Dedi, tell us what you want to see!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-19-2009 - 11:45am
That's okay, Carrie, we'll take your word for it. I think The Proposal looks cute, too. I'll probably wait till it's out on DVD, though.

click and go to Movies!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-21-2009 - 9:07am

I am really looking forward to Transformers!

I want to see Year One either in theatres or on DVD, and I'll rent the Proposal when it comes out.

Jenn