New in Theaters - 6/23 - 6/30

iVillage Member
New in Theaters - 6/23 - 6/30
Thu, 06-24-2010 - 9:44pm

Knight and Day

Cruise and Diaz have a glamorous and sometimes deadly adventure, where nothing and no one – even the now fugitive couple – are what they seem.

Amid shifting alliances and unexpected betrayals, they race across the globe, with their survival ultimately hinging on the battle of truth vs. trust.

Starring Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz, Peter Sarsgaard, Viola Davis, Paul Dano, Olivier Martinez, Maggie Grace, Marc Blucas

Directed by James Mangold

Running Time - 2:10
Genre -
Comedy
Opened in Theaters - Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010

PG-13
sequences of action violence throughout, and brief strong language

Grown Ups

Five friends and former teammates reunite years later to honor the passing of their childhood basketball coach. With their wives (Salma Hayek, Maria Bello, Maya Rudolph) and kids in tow, they spend the Fourth of July holiday weekend together at the lake house where they celebrated their championship years earlier.

Picking up where they left off, they discover why growing older doesn't mean growing up.

Starring Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider, David Spade, Salma Hayek, Maya Rudolph, Maria Bello

Directed by Dennis Dugan

Running Time - 1:42
Genre -
Comedy
Opening in Theaters - Friday, June 25th, 2010

PG-13
crude material including suggestive references, language and some male rear nudity

South of the Border

In his new documentary, Academy Award-winning director Oliver Stone embarks on a road trip to five different South American countries. Along the way he examines the current political and social attitudes that permeate the nations and interviews seven South American heads of state including Presidents Hugo Chavez (Venezuela), Evo Morales (Bolivia), Lula da Silva (Brazil), and Raul Castro (Cuba).

Never one to shy away from controversy, Oliver Stone uses South of
the Border as an opportunity to get to know these leaders on a more personal level and examine what he considers to be the mainstream media’s misrepresentation of them.

Starring Tariq Ali, Raúl Castro, Hugo Chávez, Rafael Correa, Cristina Kirchner

Directed by Oliver Stone

Running Time - 1:18
Genre -
Documentary
Opening in Theaters - Friday, June 25th, 2010

Not Rated

Love Ranch

"Love Ranch" is a bittersweet love story that turns explosive when the players in a romantic triangle lose control and cross the line.

Set in the late-1970s, the film depicts larger than life personalities living on the edge, Grace Bontempo and Charlie Bontempo, the husband and wife team who own and run Nevada's first legalized brothel. Their lives are suddenly altered when Armando Bruza, a husky, world famous heavy weight boxer from South America is brought to the Ranch to train as part of Charlie's ever-expanding entrepreneurial empire.

Plans quickly go awry when Bruza comes between Grace and Charlie as an unforeseen love triangle develops that erupts into uncontrollable passion and murder.

Starring Helen Mirren, Joe Pesci, Scout Taylor-Compton, Bryan Cranston, Gina Gershon

Directed by Taylor Hackford

Running Time - 1:57
Genre -
Drama
Opening in Theaters - Wednesday, June 30th, 2010

R
sexual content, pervasive language and some violence

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger as Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob--knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf.

With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death.

Starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Ashley Greene, Peter Facinelli, Bryce Dallas Howard, Jackson Rathbone, Kellan Lutz, Rachelle Lefevre, Jodelle Ferland, Elizabeth Reaser, Billy Burke

Directed by David Slade

Running Time - 2:04
Genre - Action/Adventure
Opening in Theaters - Wednesday, June 30th, 2010

PG-13
intense sequences of action and violence, and some sensuality

Also showing in the IMAX Experience

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-25-2010 - 11:04am

I'd like to rent Knight and Day, Eclipse, and Grown Ups.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-25-2010 - 12:08pm
I plan to see Knight and Day on my next Girls' Night Out, and will see Twilight Eclipse, but I don't know if it will be in a theater. If it is, it won't

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-26-2010 - 1:15am

I've finally gotten over my grudge against Tom Cruise,

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-26-2010 - 8:48am
LOL @ your Bella's mouth comment. That drove me nuts, too.

Photobucket