New in Theaters - 6/5/09

iVillage Member
New in Theaters - 6/5/09
Fri, 06-05-2009 - 8:45am

After Last Season

The end of another season has brought more than the usual change in temperature to the residents of a city. As they go through some tragic events, the residents, and especially a group of medical students, must reevaluate their lives and face new questions.

Starring Jason Kulas, Peggy McClellan, Scott Winters, Casey McDougal, Joan-Marie Newsnap

Directed by Mark Region

Running Time - 1:30
Genre -
Drama
Opened in Theaters - Friday, June 5th, 2009

PG-13
brief strong language

The Art of Being Straight

Twenty-three-year-old John has just moved to L.A. from New York, ostensibly "taking a break" from his longtime girlfriend. He moves in with college bro Andy, whose pals incessantly do that kind of "That is so gay" banter that's essentially harmless -- unless you're the only gay guy in the room.

John is hardly comfortable discussing his shifting Kinsey scale placement with them, and his new job as bottom-rung gofer at a major ad agency is fraught with sexual tension as a studly boss barrages him with thinly veiled come-ons.

Starring Jesse Rosen, Rachel Castillo, Jesse Janzen, Tyler Jenich, Alan LaPolice

Directed by Jesse Rosen

Running Time - 1:11
Genre -
Comedy
Opened in Theaters - Friday, June 5th, 2009

Not Rated

Away We Go

An expectant couple travels the U.S. in search of the perfect place to put down roots and raise their family. Along the way, they have misadventures and find fresh connections with an assortment of relatives and old friends who just might help them discover "home" on their own terms for the first time.

Starring John Krasinski, Allison Janney, Jeff Daniels, Melanie Lynskey, Toni Collette, Catherine O'Hara

Directed by Sam Mendes

Running Time - 1:37
Genre -
Comedy
Opened in Theaters -

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-05-2009 - 8:49am
The only one I'm interested in seeing is My Life in Ruins. I like Nia Vardalos and I think the scenery of Greece would be beautiful.

spring siggy 2

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-08-2009 - 1:38pm
I want to see My Life in Ruins. I've also seen the trailer for Away We Go and I'm on the fence about it. It looks like a really quirky movie. I may wait to see it at the $2 theater.

Carrie