New in Theaters - 7/23/10

iVillage Member
New in Theaters - 7/23/10
Thu, 07-22-2010 - 10:14pm

Le Concert (The Concert)

In this new comedy, Guskov stars as Andrei Filipov, a once celebrated Russian conductor of the Bolshoi who has hit rock bottom and is now working as a depressed custodian who drinks too much. But when he intercepts an invitation meant for this former orchestra to perform in Paris, Andrei masterminds a plan to pose as the leader of the group in order to make a triumphant return to the music scene.

With a motley bunch of former musicians at his side, Andrei sets off for Paris to fulfill his destiny and return to his glory as a great conductor. Along the way, he will reunite with a young, beautiful violin virtuoso played by acclaimed actress Mélanie Laurent who holds the key to his past and to his future.

Starring Aleksei Guskov, Mélanie Laurent, Dmitri Nazarov, Valeriy Barinov, François Berléand

Directed by Radu Mihaileanu

Running Time - 1:59
Genre -
Comedy
Opening in Theaters - Friday, July 23rd, 2010

Not Rated

Ramona and Beezus

The adventures of young Ramona Quimby come to life in this all new film based on the best-selling books by Beverly Cleary.

Ramona’s vivid imagination, boundless energy, and accident-prone antics are put to the test when she helps her family face its biggest challenge. Along the way, Ramona must deal with her over-achieving older sister Beezus and the on-again, off-again romance between her Aunt Bea and Bea’s former beau.

Starring Selena Gomez, Joey King, John Corbett, Bridget Moynahan, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Duhamel

Directed by Elizabeth Allen

Running Time - 1:44
Genre -
Comedy
Opening in Theaters - Friday, July 23rd, 2010

G

Salt

Before becoming a CIA officer, Evelyn Salt

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 12:45am

I'd like to see Salt but I'll probably wait for the DVD.

Jenn

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 8:24am

I'm sure my dh will want to see SALT... I think Ramona & Beezus looks cute.

We'll probably wait for DVD for both though.

Photobucket

Thanks to Yesenia for the siggy!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 9:37am
I'd like to see Salt. With any luck, I might get my husband to come with me.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 2:45pm
Ramona and Beezus looks adorable! I don't have kids who would want to go, though. I was surprised to see that Bridget Moynahan is playing their mother. In my mind, she just seems too young, but I guess she isn't. I just checked IMDB, and she was born in '71. -And I didn't realize that Ginnifer Goodwin was in the film either! Actually, there are a few actors I like in this one: Bridget, Ginnifer, Josh Duhamel, John Corbett, and I think Selena Gomez is pretty great too.

Big Brother siggy by Lynsie at the Reality TV Junkies board.

Message Boards