New in Theaters - 8/20/10

iVillage Member
New in Theaters - 8/20/10
Fri, 08-20-2010 - 8:43am

Altiplano

War photographer Grace, devastated by a violent incident in Iraq, renounces her profession. Her Belgian husband, Max, is a cataract surgeon working at an eye clinic in the high Andes of Peru. Nearby, the villagers of Turubamba succumb to illnesses caused by a mercury spill from a local mine. Saturnina, a young woman in Turubamba, loses her fiancé to the contamination. The villagers turn their rage on the foreign doctors, and in the ensuing riot Max is killed.

Saturnina takes drastic measures to protest against the endless violations towards her people and their land. Grace sets out on a journey of mourning to the place of Max’s death.

Starring Magaly Solier, Jasmin Tabatabai, Edgar Condori, Sonia Loaiza, Norma Martínez

Directed by Peter Brosens, Jessica Hope Woodworth

Running Time - 1:49
Genre - Drama
Opened in Theaters - Friday, August 20th, 2010

Not Rated

Hiding Divya

A daughter who vowed never to return home is forced to confront her past...and discover that some family secrets shouldn't be hidden.

A generational story of the three women who have inherited much more than they could have ever realized... each other.

Starring Pooja Kumar, Madhur Jaffrey, Deep Katdare, Madelaine Massey, Kunal Sharma

Directed by Rehana Mirza

Running Time - 1:22
Genre - Drama

Not Rated

Lottery Ticket

Kevin Carson, a young man living in the projects, wins $370 million in a nationwide lottery. When his opportunistic neighbors discover he has the winning ticket in his possession, Kevin must survive their greedy and sometimes even threatening actions over a three-day holiday weekend before he can claim his prize.

Starring Bow Wow, Ice Cube, Brandon T. Jackson, Naturi Naughton, Keith David, Charles Q. Murphy, Loretta Devine, Terry Crews

Directed by Erik White

Running Time - 1:39
Genre -
Comedy

PG-13
sexual content, language including a drug reference, some violence and brief underage drinking

Mao's Last Dancer

The

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2010 - 8:49am

DH wants to see Piranhas, I want to see Nanny McPhee. The Switch looks good too.

What If sounds eerily familiar... hmmm...Oh I know, it's a total rip off of "The Family Man" staring Nick Cage and Tea "BEN!!!!" Leoni. :oP Slightly different of course but essentially the same movie. It'll probably be better because "BEN!!!!!" isn't in it (I hate Tea Leoni if that's not apparent LOL)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2010 - 12:37pm
Yeah, a lot of movies have the same sounding plot that "What If" does. I may rent that one, though,

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-21-2010 - 1:41am

I will probably rent Piranha when it comes to DVD.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-25-2010 - 8:54pm
Nanny McPhee, after it gets to video.

font-size: 14pt;">Susan

Photobucket
Photobucket

dietbudspowinners.gif

PhotobucketlifeispainPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

font-size: 12pt;">
organic tag created by Erin
(Wickedcupofjoe)